Vanderwende Farm Creamery sought out Fridge with the challenge of refreshing the company’s logo and brand elements. Vanderwende is a family-owned and operated farm and creamery, with deep roots in the dairy industry. They offer a selection of small-batch homemade ice creams with classic flavors, and are highly committed to quality and consistency. Located along the coast of Delaware, Vanderwende Farm Creamery is the must stop for the best farm-fresh ice cream in the region.
Fridge Makes a Plan
- Create a color palette that is bright and youthful. Pastels and vivid colors compliment each other and capture the feeling of summer and the taste of classic ice cream.
- Utilize illustrations of farm life to help tell the story of Vanderwende’s deep roots in the dairy industry and farm-fresh ice cream.
- Create retro and nostalgic typographic elements that pay homage to Vanderwende’s history, taking customers back to ice cream’s boom in the 1950s.
- Use abstract cow prints, tasty ice cream textures, and lively illustrated patterns to bring depth and character to the brand.
- Farm and family are the backbones of the brand and a key point of differentiation. Featuring both can tell the unique story of Vanderwende Farm Creamery.
Fridge updated the appearance of the cow to give her a friendly, happier appearance. The font in the logo was changed to make it more readable, while still paying homage to the original logo.
The new color scheme incorporates tones of cream and brown to reference the farm-fresh ice cream that is Vanderwende’s heritage.
Taking It Further
Fridge had a few more tasty projects in the works for Vanderwende Farm Creamery. We were excited to create new designs for the packaged pints and quarts, including branded bands with colors chosen from the new color palette to represent each flavor.
The new Vanderwende website has an updated look that is more modern, approachable and easy to use. It clearly tells their brand story and highlights their products, locations and ice cream truck. Check it out here!
Get a Taste of What Fridge Can Do
Got a logo that needs some sprucing up? If you feel your brand is in need of a change, Fridge would love to help you with your logo update or redesign.
Jeremy Ballard, Director of Design