With the 2016 Summer Olympics coming to a close, it’s been remarkable to see how brands have capitalized on heightened TV viewership. One of those brands is a Louisiana favorite, VooDoo BBQ & Grill.
Their relationship with the Olympics began when The Fridge placed a media buy during the 2012 Olympics that proved to be successful. From there, the Fridge recommended utilizing their co-op system, which the Fridge originally helped form, to fund a high-visibility campaign during the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Having experienced even greater results during 2014, Voodoo BBQ committed to another strong television buy for the Rio Olympics, running the same, effective spots the Fridge created and produced for 2012.
VooDoo BBQ & Grill is a Louisiana-inspired BBQ restaurant with corporate and franchised restaurants in four states.
- Increase VooDoo BBQ’s exposure in the market by heightening message frequency
- Target a wide variety of consumers—appeal to all members of the family (mom, dad and kids)
- Increase gross sales, average check amount and guest count across all stores
- Highlight the versatility of VooDoo BBQ’s offerings and customer base
- Change the consumer perception that BBQ is “once and awhile” dining and for holidays only
- Change the consumer perception that VooDoo BBQ offers just BBQ
- Identify an ad platform with broad reach and content that had mass appeal
- Capitalize on the aligned demographics of the Olympics and the brand – Adults 25-54 and Men 25-54
- Use Olympics as an opportunity to reach a broader swath of people who could be potential BBQ consumers
- Negotiate not only TV spots, but added value promotions such as plugs, short videos, announcements, endorsements and integrated sponsor billboards
- Integrate TV media buy with other advertising elements such as social and digital
- Gross sales and guest count were positively impacted – Average check increased from $18.50 to $21.00 week & average guest count went from 1,300 a week to 1,850 a week
- Upticks in gross sales and guest count were observed not only during the Olympics and immediately after, but for several weeks following there was a continual positive effect
- The media campaign over-delivered in GRPs by 34% in our target audience and 48% amongst Men 25-54 based on the over-delivery of ratings during the Olympic programming
- Media Strategy and Placement
- TV Concepting and Production
Why The Fridge?
- The Fridge is a full-service agency with cross-discipline strategy that ensures efficiencies in process, quality control and strategic alignment among all departments – especially creative and media (social and traditional).
- The Fridge’s media specialists have 15 years of experience in effective media strategy and placement
- The Fridge’s long-standing relationships with advertising sales representatives allowed for the negotiation of a stronger media buy with greater added value components integrated